Monday, November 29, 2010

HOLIDAY DONATION LETTER / POEMS OF GRATITUDE

Click on image to enlarge

My columns are reflections of my true feelings and are always from my heart whether they are political, scientific, humorous or spiritual. They are really written for myself and the fact that they often deeply touch or effect others always fills me with gratitude: Allen L Roland

I love writing my columns and am extremely grateful for not only my gift as a writer but that many people seemingly enjoy my rants and musings. In that spirit here is my holiday donation request along with some of my favorite short poems of gratitude, as well as a musical gift for you.

Let me arise and open the gate,
to breathe the wild warm air of the heath,
And to let in Love, and to let out Hate,
And anger at living and scorn of Fate,
To let in Life, and to let out Death.
- Violet Fane

Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.
- Chinese proverb

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not,
but rejoices for those which he has.
- Epictetus

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
- James M. Barrie

The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.
- William Blake

The great man is he who does not lose his childlike heart.
- Mencius

When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement. I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.
- Mary Oliver

Gratitude is not only the greatest of the virtues, but the parent of all the others - Cicero

IF MY DAILY NEWSLETTER IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, I REQUEST YOUR HELP ~

I am asking my readers to help offset the costs of my online daily reporting of what I feel is the most important news story of the day ~ which includes videos and cartoons when appropriate.

Right now, over 125 countries are receiving my daily WEBLOG and visiting my website allenroland.com

This is a one man time intensive labor of love for me but without reader support, both in forwarding news items to me and financial contributions, this WEBLOG cannot continue to exist. I'm requesting your help to keep it going.

I would appreciate your providing whatever you can ~ $ 20, $ 25, $50, $75, $100, $150, or more.

Send a check or money order to Allen L Roland, P.O. Box 1221, Sonoma, Ca 95476 (Newsletter Donation),

Your assistance is gratefully appreciated.

Low income readers: DON'T send money, just encourage others to subscribe. NEWSLETTER • REFLECTIONS / Comments and observations on today's events in a rapidly changing world.

Now here's my gift of gratitude for you, dear reader ~ Diana Krall, live in Paris, singing " I Love being here with you "

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/page/334.html

Allen L Roland

http://allenlrolandsweblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-donation-letter-poems-of.html

Freelance Alternative Press Online columnist and psychotherapist Allen L Roland is also available for comments, interviews, speaking engagements and private consultations ( allen@allenroland.com )


Weblog: http://allenlrolandsweblog.blogspot.com
Website: www.allenroland.com
ONLY THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

No comments:

Post a Comment