Wednesday, November 9, 2011

BAND OF BROTHERS DONATION LETTER



Over the last two years I have been facilitating Healing the Wounded Heart workshops for combat veterans with PTSD. The work has been extremely effective in that the participants in those seven Band of Brothers workshops have enjoyed an average 60% improvement in PTSD symptoms and virtually all of them are now seeing through the heart: Allen L Roland

These heart centered workshops are funded by donations from American Legion Posts, Veteran Foundations and private individuals ~ but these barely cover my expenses for eight once a week three hour sessions with six to eight vets for eight weeks.

Here’s a note from Ricky, a USMC Vietnam veteran with survivors guilt and reoccurring nightmares ~ one of the few who survived an enemy ambush during TET of 1968. Ricky was a participant in the recently completed Band of brothers #7.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/10/24/band-of-brothers-7-going-to-the-edge/

“Unbelievable Allen, Yesterday after our session I could see much better and as gratitude overcame me I saw clearer and clearer as the day went on. Colors were more vivid I could read signs much clearer now and the birds and all kinds of living and non living things were clearer and clearer. I was indeed experiencing the world again a new. Thanks so much for leading me in seeing and accepting myself ~ and as my ego dies more and more I know I will see all the way to heaven one day. All I could do yesterday was to thank everyone I saw and I called so many people I had to recharge to cell phone 3 times WOW! Thanks coach you have helped me see and love is just jumping from heart.”

All of them were once stuck in the grey zone of anger, pain and unworthiness but now a heart centered light has gone on within each one of them. As such, they can now begin to clearly see the path to their full recovery. In essence, by opening their hearts they all finally meet themselves ~ which reminds me of Derek Wolcott’s wonderful poem about the significance of that auspicious and joyful reunion;

Love After Love;

The time will come
when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say, sit here, Eat.

You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life ~ whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart.

Take down the love letters from the bookshelf, the photographs, the desperate notes ~ peel your own image from the mirror.

Sit, Feast on your life.

This is a one man time intensive labor of love for me but without veterans and individual support, I could not do this important work.

I'm requesting your help to keep it going.

I would appreciate your providing whatever you can ~ $ 25, $50, $75, $100, $150, or more.

Send a check or money order to Allen L Roland, P.O. Box 1221, Sonoma, Ca 95476 USA ( Workshop Donation )

allen@allenroland.com is PayPal Verified

Your assistance is gratefully appreciated.


Allen L Roland

http://allenlrolandsweblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/band-of-brothers-donation-letter.html


Freelance Alternative Press Online columnist and psychotherapist Allen L Roland is available for comments, interviews, speaking engagements and private consultations ( allen@allenroland.com )

Allen L Roland is a practicing psychotherapist, author and lecturer who also shares a daily political and social commentary on his weblog and website allenroland.com He also guest hosts a monthly national radio show TRUTHTALK on www.conscioustalk.net

No comments:

Post a Comment