Friday, January 18, 2013

ON TURNING 79






















79 years old ~ closing in on 80

At age 79, I realize my best work as a therapist and writer is now ~ which leads me to believe that I'm totally in sync with my destiny and that a state of love and soul consciousness that I innately knew as a young child is soon to become common knowledge throughout the world: Allen L Roland

At 830 AM, January 18th, 1934 ~  I arrived on this planet, two minutes ahead of my twin brother, Bobby. I remember surrendering during the birth delivery and remember three lights above the birthing table. The fact that I surrendered during the birth delivery has made a profound difference in my life ~ in that I impeccably trust the unknown and am not afraid to surrender to a force greater than myself ~ such as love.

I was blessed as a young child in that I was living with my grandfather and my mother as well as my grandfather's cook and house maid, Delia ~ who I adored. I can still remember her singing gospel spirituals and filling the kitchen with her joyful presence and music.

My grandfather was a leprechaun ~ an incredibly spiritual and gifted 33th degree Mason and successful businessman whose childlike spirit and infectious laughter filled my heart with joy and love. My mother, who was divorced from my father, was extraordinary beautiful, somewhat wounded and emotionally withdrawn ~ but even she contributed to the magic of my grandfather's household. Of course, there was also my twin brother Bobby and older brother Dick who felt the same magic and in their own way have never forgotten my grandfather's giant leprechaun heart.

I have also never forgotten something that happened to me as a young child. I was about three years old and playing in my room upstairs by myself . Suddenly on the radio came my favorite song ~ Gene Autrey's I'm Back In The Saddle Again ~ I turned on the music as loud as I could, reached up on my tiptoes, opened the window and leaned out and shared the bliss and joy of that musical moment with everything I saw around me ~ Gene Autrey singing Back in The Saddle ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hpqcpiLmoI

But the true joy and bliss of that moment was the sudden realization that through my joyful state of soul consciousness ~ I was connected to everything around me, to all of nature ~ which would later in my life, lead to me fully opening my heart, surrendering to and defining as well as sharing a  Unified Field of love and soul consciousness ~ which lies not only beyond time and space but also beneath our deepest fears and whose principle property is the universal urge to unite.

What is illuminating to me now is that even at that young age of three ~ I felt an innate need to share my individual joy and delight with the world at large ~ which is precisely what I am still doing as I embark on my 79th year on the planet ~ via my website, books, columns and work as a heart centered transformation therapist and counselor. See  Band of Brothers #11 / Touching the Face of God ~ http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/10/20/band-of-brothers-11-touching-the-face-of-god/

The words of Jack London are my living epitaph ~ "I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

But how can I possibly fully celebrate my 79th birthday without acknowledging my beloved twin brother, Bobby ~ who is now in a nursing home in Nahant, Massachusetts with advanced stage four Parkinson's. He can barely move or talk but he can clearly hear so I celebrate our common birthday with my favorite song which is dedicated to him ~ for the pipes may well be calling.



“You don't stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.” George Bernard Shaw


Allen L Roland


Freelance Alternative Press Online columnist and psychotherapist Allen L Roland is available for comments, interviews, speaking engagements and private consultations ( allen@allenroland.com )

Allen L Roland is a practicing psychotherapist, author and lecturer who also shares a daily political and social commentary on his web log and website allenroland.com He also guest hosts a monthly national radio show TRUTHTALK on www.conscioustalk.net

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Allen! What a beautiful blog commemorating your memories--and you life. That is sad about your brother but in spirit you will always be together.

    Have a wild and crazy day and year!

    Karen Devaney

    ReplyDelete