A heart centered cause versus symptom rehabilitation approach, fueled by gratitude and forgiveness, for active duty veterans suffering from PTSD has been implemented at the Concord Vets Center with great success. Under the direction of Salvador Ueda, MSW, and the encouragement of team leader, Jeff Jewell ~ a total of 18 Band of Brother's transformation support groups have been accomplished with well over 100 veteran graduates in the last five years. I have helped both initiate and implement this program as a heart centered volunteer consultant with my ability to connect the heart dots of their individual life charts and utilize my proven self-healing exercises and Kindle book as a guide for their self-healing: Allen L Roland, PhD
2. Anger I can't stay in control and manipulate things any more ~ it's not working, it's making me angry.
4. Depression Why am I feeling so sad, and it feels so deep. If only I could get out of this pit of despair.
5. Acceptance / Connection I'm feeling deep sadness and it's the same feelings I felt as a child ~ I can't deny these feelings any longer.
6. Surrender I'm letting go and trusting that there is joy beneath my sadness ~ what is this excitement I'm feeling beneath this well of grief and it has nothing to do with someone else.
7. Celebration I'm truly feeling the joy of being myself and the growing awareness that there is something I'm supposed to be doing ~ I'm beginning to trust the unknown and see through different eyes.
8. Service I'm fully trusting myself, I'm listening and I'm responding to this inner call ~ I want to be in service from this inner place of authentic love, joy and delight.
~ A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Heart centered spiritual consultant and advisor Allen L Roland can be contacted at email@example.com Allen is also a lecturer and writer who shares a weekly political and social commentary on his web log and website allenroland.com. He is also featured columnist on Veterans Today and guest hosts a monthly national radio show TRUTHTALK on www.conscioustalk.net