Thursday, October 1, 2015

BAND OF BROTHERS ( HWH ) #18 / DEFEATING MILITARY RACISM THROUGH LOVE AND FORGIVENESS


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Six Pacific Islanders and combat veterans with PTSD as well as victims of military racism and prejudice face their deepest fears (the fears of their hearts) in Healing The Wounded Heart (Band of Brothers) Workshop # 18. Through the power of love, gratefulness and forgiveness they all discover not only their true authentic self but awaken their closed and wounded hearts in the process: Allen L Roland, PhD

 Everything we have ever wanted is on the other side of fear: Jack Canfield

In my role as a volunteer heart centered workshop consultant, advisor and coach/mentor, I have recently assisted in the heart felt inner healing of six more combat veterans with PTSD at our local Vets Center. All of them found the courage to go within and beneath their pain and anguish ~ and they found, in the process ~ their original innocence, joy and delight as well as a need to be in service from that very same place of love and gratitude ~ and all within seven weeks.

Make no mistake about it, the keys to the magic kingdom of the soul is gratefulness and forgiveness  ~ and eventually gratefulness and forgiveness ends with our self.

Initially, each one of these participants with the assistance of their adjustment counselor complete a Life chart ~ a chart which clearly shows their whole life, relationships and war experience as a Quest or journey to where they are now.

From our very first session, they begin the process of thanking the people who have been there in their lives and as they do ~ like flowers, their buried or numbed out hearts begin to open allowing them to see through different eyes.

They all have access to these self-healing steps in my updated Kindle Book RADICAL THERAPY, SURRENDER TO LOVE AND HEAL YOURSELF IN SEVEN  SESSIONS (not seven years). Here is the Kindle link http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Therapy-Surrender-Yourself-Sessions-ebook/dp/B00JGE5VQE

And here's a link to the YouTube sessions of the self-healing process I teach ~ Watch, in the first 20 minutes, how Marina conquers her deepest fear and demonstrates that beneath her pain and fear is boundless joy, See video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r12MoNnwPKg&feature=youtu.be

In the third tenet of my PhD dissertation, The Unified Field, I describe the process by which psychic pain can over-ride joy and how most people are afraid of or mistrust their deepest joy ~ It would appear that the pain of not feeling loved for oneself and being seemingly separated from our original state of soul consciousness and the Unified Field is of such deep psychic proportions that, early in childhood, processes are triggered in the hypothalamus which result in a left brain imbalance and dominance as well as the denial, mistrust and forgetting of our connection to the Unified Field and the love and joy and a state of soul consciousness deepest within us. It is from this dark tunnel of pain, aloneness, despair and apparent death that the ego and ego consciousness is born - for survival and protection purposes only.

But to these proud Pacific Islanders, the shame of racism and prejudice was added to their military experience and all had unresolved anger and trust issues.



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The group has bonded through their sharing and homework ~ here is a summary of their response to three questions;

 
1.Where were you when you started ?

 
2. What did you want to accomplish during this transformation workshop ?

 
3. What did you learn about yourself during this process ?


FC ~  1. I wanted  to find my real self

          2. I wanted to go through my fears and stop numbing out               with alcohol

          3. I found myself and can finally accept love

 

MC ~  1. I wanted to get beyond my guilt

          2. I want to just be myself

          3. I know I now have a choice

 

RT ~   1. I want to get beyond the chip on my shoulder

           2. I want to get beyond my anger

           3. I know I have another choice besides anger

 

SA ~   1. I am consumed with survivor guilt

           2. I want get beyond my guilt and reunite with my family.

           3. I have forgiven myself and reunited with my family.

 

ML ~   1. I Like myself but I want to be able to share all my joy

           2. I want to really find my deepest joy

           3. I have found my joy and am reconnected to the childhood friend I originally shared it with.

 
LL ~   1. I'd like to find more joy within myself

           2. I want to tap into my deepest delight

           3. I found that delight within myself and am ready to fully share it.

 
This Pacific Islander group has overcome military racism and prejudice through love and forgiveness and they have all discovered not only more of themselves in the process but truly another choice of behavior in their life.

They all graduated with honors for finding the courage to face their fears as well as find another choice of behavior versus anger and resentment.

 
“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi, All Men are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections


 
Allen L Roland, PhD
http://allenlrolandsweblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/band-of-brothers-hwh-18-defeating.html
 

Heart centered spiritual consultant and advisor Allen L Roland can be contacted at  allen@allenroland.com Allen is also a lecturer and writer who shares a weekly political and social commentary on his web log and website allenroland.com. He is also featured columnist on Veterans Today and  guest hosts a monthly national radio show TRUTHTALK on www.conscioustalk.net

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Holding on to hatred and resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die ~ Buddha

    ReplyDelete